Coca Cola – Many Unusual Uses Of This Bevrage
Did you know that you can use Coca Cola for many purposes, not just as a drink? What can you do with Coca Cola? Yep, you read that right, there’s more than one use for a coke, in fact, it has a whole lot of other uses, like busting rust, cleaning clothes… heck, you can even heal yourself with a coke! Curious to see how to do all that? Let’s check out the many unusual uses of the famous Coca Cola.
1. Rust Buster
Coca Cola is an excellent rust buster… if you have some small objects that need de-rusting and you have no rust-buster on hand, all you have to do is open the fridge and grab a can of coke. Now, the instructions on how to de-rust using coke are simple:
– open coke
– don’t drink it
– pour it in a container
– add the objects
– let them soak overnight
– give them a good scrub in the morning
Also, you can use rough textured cloths dipped in coke to clean different objects
How to Loosen a rusty bolt:
You have a rusty bolt that’s giving you a hard time and you wanna loosen it? Nothing simpler as long as you have your trusty coke at hand. Just pour on some Coke and wait for the magic to happen.
Coke can be used at a lot of cleaning chores:
Clothing & Stains
– Remove grease stains from clothing and fabric
– Remove blood stains from clothing and fabric
– Cleaning oil stains from your garage: soak the stains in coke, let them settle then hose off the whole thing et voila, squeaky clean
– Burnt pans giving you a hard time? Just soak them in the Coke, then rinse, and no more burn stains
– You can also descale a kettle using the same method as above
– Clean car battery terminals: pour a small quantity of Coke over each one, and the terminals are as good as new
– Do you want your pennies to be pretty? Soaking them in Coke will remove the tarnish and make them shiny and pretty.
– Clean tile grout; pour onto kitchen floor, leave it there for a few minutes, then wipe that floor up.
– Marker stains on the carpet? Pour Coke on it, scrub, then clean with soapy water.
– Remove stains from vitreous china
– Wanna clean your pool and have no pool cleaner? Just buy 2 bottles of 2 litters of Coca Cola and empty them into the pool, it’ll act like rust remover and it will clean your pool water.
– Do you have a nasty small in your clothes? Like fish or other nasty odors? Just add a Coke to your laundry and there you have it.
– De-Skunk yourself! One can of coke added to a bucket of water with detergent really helps to break the skunk-smell down
– Clean the toilet by pouring around the bowl, leave in for a while then flush and clean.
– Strip paint off metal furniture: soak a towel in Coke, sit it on the surface for days. Make sure you keep adding Coke to keep the towel wet. (that sounds like a drag, but if you don’t have the time, for all that just get the good old paint stripper)
– Shake up a can and pour it over your windshield or bumpers to remove bugs and other crud.
– Clean your engine with Coke easy and cheap!
3. Beauty Tips
– Coke makes your skin silky: just mix a spoonful of Coke with regular lotion and apply liberally
– Remove (or fade) dye from hair by pouring diet Coke over it.
– Do you want a deeper sun tan? Just apply Coke onto your skin and go sunbathing
– Curl your hair with Coca-Cola: pour flat Coke onto long hair, leave for a few minutes then rinse.
– Some benevolent colleague stuck gum in your hair? Put the scissors down and dip the gum into a small bowl of Coke, let it settle for a few minute and the gum will wipe off.
– Dissolve a tooth… This in case you are Hannibal Lecter and you want to find a way to pass the time… It’s a long process and you have to keep the tooth in coke, using a sealed container.
3. Coke And Cooking
– Looking for an easy recipe of sweet BBQ sauce? Never been easier if you have a Coke at hand! Mix a can of Coke with ketchup and brush over ribs or chicken.
– Baste a ham roast with Coke as it cooks. The sugars will caramelize; the ham will be moist and yummy.
– sprinkle a can of coke on your pot roast to make it tender, it also adds extra flavor
– Mix a can of Coke with a packet of Italian seasoning; cook a tough steak in it.
– Bake low-fat brownies, just look up he recipe online
– Planing a picnic but you’re annoyed by the bugs? Just pour a cup of Coke, and set it away from the picnic spot you chose. It will attract wasps and bees so they wont bug you and your grub
4. Make Your Garned Prettier with Coca Cola
Read more about unusual uses of Coca Cola on Page 2.
Written with love and coolness by crissa on October 5, 2012 in Interesting Things
How do you rate this article?